Sisters...

Sisters...

Emma

Emma
This is what we have waited for for over 3 1/2 years

Emma - Post Surgery

Emma - Post Surgery
Emma is now a pink baby - no more blue!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday, February 2

Today was a good day, after a panickying call last night. I had finally fell into a deep sleep last night when my phone went off at 11:15. It was a 313- number - the only 313 to be calling at that time would be the hospital. Before I could answer it, the call went to voicemail. I call the number back immediately, where I reached the ICU unit of the hospital. They tracked the nurse down that called, the nurse that was taking care of Emma. She was calling to let me know that Emma was moving rooms and to give me the new room number - no emergency. Talk about your heart jumping out of your chest.
But today was good. She is in the non-less serious side of ICU. Today she had all her chest tubes taken out (4) and has been weaned off all but 1 med. Everything is looking good - she is very tired and I'm guessing sore. When the doctors made their rotation today, everything was looking good and reading good. Dr. Walters, her surgeon and the chief surgeon, told me that we should be going home probably on Friday, possibly Thursday. She ate some solid food today and drank juice and kept it down. Otherwise, she was very laid back falling in and out of sleep all day.
Tomorrow they are guessing that she will be moved to a regular floor room in which I will be able to stay the night with her. For now, tonight will be my last night in International Housing.
Say prayers...

1 comment:

  1. What great news....so glad to hear her progress is good and you will all be home soon.

    ReplyDelete